Job Shadowing Program
Freeman job shadowing program enables area students and community members to explore healthcare careers by shadowing our caregivers. Through the program, members of our medical team share experience, advice and knowledge with the students. Students are encouraged to use their firsthand experiences at Freeman help make decisions about class choices, continuing education and their career.
Participating departments include:
- Birthing Center/Postpartum
- Cancer (Oncology)
- Cardiovascular Operating Room
- Critical Care (ICU)
- Emergency Department
- General Medical
- Hospital (Inpatient) Pharmacy
- Infusion Center
- Laboratory Nursery and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Occupational Therapy
- Operating Room/Scrub Technicians
- Physical Therapy
- Physician Assistants
- Respiratory Therapy
- Retail (Outpatient) Pharmacy
- Social Services
- Participants must be 16 or older.
- The program is open to high school, college and job-training program students. Community members may also be eligible to shadow—please call for more information.
- We make every effort to arrange shadow opportunities in the student’s area(s) of interest.
- We reserve the right to limit the number of times/amount of time that a student can shadow.
- Job shadowing takes place during regular business hours, Monday through Friday.
- Completion of online registration form, release forms, nondisclosure agreement, and HIPAA 101 patient privacy training are required for each shadow experience.
- Students and community members: please complete the online form and review HIPAA 101 patient privacy training.
- Your application must be completed entirely in order to submit - Your application is not submitted to us until you fill out completely and you receive the confirmation email from RightSignature.
- Please save the PDF copy of your application that RightSignature emails to you.
- Please be aware that your shadow will not be scheduled until all forms are completed and submitted.
- Please allow a minimum of four weeks between the date the application is returned to the coordinator and your desired shadowing date.
- If you are 16 or 17 years old you must email our coordinator to receive a separate form to begin the application process.
932 E. 34th St.