Become a Volunteer
Volunteer to bring out your best
Freeman volunteers make patients and their families more comfortable through personal attention, dedication, and a genuine desire to enrich the lives of others. Call today to give the precious gift of your time and make a difference in the lives of others.
Ready to volunteer? Contact Linda McIntosh, Program Manager of Volunteer Programs, at 417.347.4603.
Where do volunteers work?
- Cancer Institute
- Emergency Room
- Heart & Vascular Institute
- Gift Gallery
- Information desk
- Surgery waiting desk
- Freeman Sports & Rehabilitation Center
What do volunteers do?
- Provide a valuable service to Freeman and the community
- Offer comfort to patients and families
- Smile and greet
- Answer phones
- Deliver flowers, mail and other items
- Escort guests to patient rooms
- Give directions
- Perform clerical tasks
- Ring up sales
- Support staff
Who can join the volunteer team?
- Anyone aged 16 to 90+
- Male or female
- Retired or employed
- All work backgrounds
- Any educational level
- New friends
- Free flu shots
- Prescription discounts at QuickMeds Pharmacy™
- Discount at Freeman Health Essentials, Freeman Gift Gallery, and Freeman Hearing Center
- Low-cost health screenings
- Meal credit on the days you work 3 or more hours
- Health and educational seminars
- Annual appreciation dinner
- Annual Christmas dinner party
- Quarterly luncheons