Children's Miracle Network Hospitals
Making miracles happen for local kids
Your local not-for-profit Children’s Miracle Network Hospital chapter was established in 1987 with a mission to generate funds and create awareness programs that benefit children birth to age 21. Children and families, referred by Freeman physicians, receive assistance for medical needs such as prescriptions, medical equipment and transportation expenses associated with the child's care. Freeman pediatricians and Maternal/Child departments, including Freeman Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), Freeman Maternity Center and pediatrics departments, receive financial support for pediatric equipment, medical supplies and educational programs. 100% of every dollar raised locally stays local – donations help children and their families in 14 Missouri, Oklahoma and Kansas counties.
That’s our mission. Here’s the reality.
Every day, local families reach out to Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals to seek assistance after receiving a devastating diagnosis for a child’s illness or as a result of a child suffering a traumatic injury. They don’t know where to turn or what to do. That’s when your local Children’s Miracle Network Hospital steps in to provide:
• Financial help for a power wheel chair to keep a child safe and thriving
• Travel expenses so a child can see an out-of-town specialist
• Assistance to purchase prescription medicines denied by insurance for a little girl in pain
Last year alone, we provided family assistance to more than 1,000 children to ensure children in our communities received the best medical care possible.
Through generous contributions of donors and national partners, your local Children’s Miracle Network Hospital helps provide the best possible medical care and offer the most technologically advanced equipment available, including:
- $1.3 million expansion of Freeman Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in 2011
- Partnership with QuickMeds Pharmacy™ and Freeman Health Essentials for prescription medication and medical equipment
- Angel Eye live web-based camera system, allowing families with a child in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit to log in to see their baby through a live feed 24/7
Missouri – Barton, Jasper, Newton, McDonald and Vernon
Kansas – Allen, Bourbon, Cherokee, Crawford, Labette, Neosho, Wilson, and Woodson
Oklahoma – Ottawa
- Direct family assistance
- Hospital/clinic equipment
Supporting the pediatric areas of Freeman Health System
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Pediatric Unit
- Maternity Center
- Maternal/Child Unit
- Ozark Center
- Emergency Department
- Pediatrician clinics
- Hospital education and programs
- Community outreach programs
To learn how you can help, call Heather Lesmeister, Freeman Assistant Director of Development and External Relations at 417.347.4624.
Children’s Miracle Network HospitalsOffice address:
931 E. 32nd St.
Jordan Baker, Development Programs and Events Specialist
p.417.347.3793 | f.417.347.9785
1102 W. 32nd St.
Joplin, MO 64804