Cardiothoracic surgery provides treatment for patients with a wide range of conditions affecting the heart, as well as the respiratory and circulatory systems. We combine innovative technology with expertise and skill to provide the latest in vascular and endovascular surgical options.
Many of the procedures are performed using minimally invasive approaches through small incisions and with video assistance devices. Minimally-invasive beating heart surgery results in less pain and trauma, reduced recovery time, and reduced risk of infection. Patients experience better outcomes, spend less time away from home and return to work sooner.
As a regional center of excellence in heart care, Freeman reinvests in state-of-the-art equipment and the latest technological advancements. Our cardiothoracic surgeons focus on diagnosing and treating your condition quickly to improve your quality of life and get you back to living life as soon as possible.
Cardiothoracic surgical options:
- Off-pump coronary artery bypass
- Ross procedure (valve transplantation)
- Stent placement
- Vascular diagnostics
- Minimally invasive microwave ablation (atrial fibrillation)
- Bypass surgery
- Endovascular surgery
- Peripheral vascular surgery
- Keyhole/minimally invasive valve surgery
- Mitral valve repair
- Cardiac valve replacement and repair
- Cryoablation maze procedure
- Thoracic surgical procedures (lung surgery)
- Percutaneous peripheral vascular intervention
- Video-assisted thoracoscopy
- Aortic dissection
- Vascular access grafts
Freeman Heart & Vascular Institute
1102 W. 32nd St.
Joplin, Missouri 64804
Freeman Physician Group of Pittsburg
1201 E. Centennial Drive
Pittsburg, Kansas 66762