Compassionate, specialized care
Palliative care, also called comfort care, provides relief through symptom and pain management to a person with a serious illness. The goal is not to cure, but provide comfort and maintain the highest possible quality of life for as long as life remains. Freeman Palliative Care also addresses mental health and spiritual needs.
The focus is not on disease, but on compassionate, specialized care for meaningful life. We provide support for the whole person and loved ones who share this journey.Palliative care seeks to:
- Respect patient autonomy, values and decisions
- Continually clarify the goals of care
- Minimize symptom distress at the end of life
- Optimize appropriate after-hospital referrals
- Reduce unnecessary interventions
- Provide emotional support for families
For more information on Freeman Palliative Care services, please call 417.347.4094.