Mothers Trust Us to Deliver
As one of the busiest maternity centers in Missouri, we've earned the trust of moms-to-be because we provide family-centered care and individual attention in a warm, caring environment. Our highly-trained, expert team includes board-certified obstetricians, available 24 hours a day, to care for all patients, including those with high-risk pregnancies.
Freeman Maternity Center, designed with privacy and comfort in mind, features home-like birthing suites and private postpartum rooms.
Our spacious mom and baby rooms permit mothers and babies to room‐in together for an enhanced bonding experience. Additionally, a state‐of‐the-art infant security system for the protection of our youngest patients.
We deliver more than 2,600 babies every year – that's one baby every three hours! We are proud to introduce you to some of Freeman's newest arrivals. We offer you the opportunity to post your baby’s photos online, on a well-traveled billboard in Joplin now on KSN/KODE TV!
Services We Offer
Freeman Maternity Center physicians, nurse midwives, nurses and support staff are dedicated to providing compassionate care. Through the course of your delivery experience, your caregiver educates, assists and explains your care.
- In case of emergency, Freeman Maternity Center requires IV access for all patients during labor.
- Pitocin is administered through IV after placenta delivery to allow uterus contractions and to limit bleeding.
- A baby monitor is used to watch baby's heart rate during labor. The mother may be intermittently monitored.
- If the mother is a Group B streptococcus (GBS) carrier, she will receive antibiotics during labor.
- Dedicated anesthesia staff will review pain management options. Your choice of anesthesia, or none at all, is supported by our staff.
- Baby will receive a vitamin K injection and antibiotic ointment for the eyes during the recovery period.
- Mothers have the option to keep their babies with them in their room as much as they would like. They can also use the maternity center’s newborn nursery.
- Freeman Maternity Center does not offer water births.
We encourage you to think about your preferences for labor and delivery, and review them with your physician or midwife prior to delivery. (A plan is not required for delivery – it is just an option.) Keep in mind that having a plan does not guarantee your labor and delivery will go according to that plan. Changes may need to be made.