Any infection, big or small, can potentially cause serious health issues. Freeman offers infectious disease services to treat a variety of contagious conditions. Our infectious disease specialist is an expert in the diagnosis and treatment of infectious diseases. He is a physician with additional years of training in how the body fights infection, how infection spreads and infection control. Infectious disease specialists treat all kinds of infections, including those involving bacteria, viruses, fungi and parasites. Their special training gives them insight into the use of drugs used to treat infectious diseases and their side effects.
Freeman Infectious Disease can treat a variety of infections, including:
- Postoperative infections
- Wound infections
- Infections caused by bacteria, viruses, fungi or parasites
- Infections of the respiratory tract (sinus infections, bronchitis or pneumonia)
- Infections of bones and joints
- Urinary tract infections
- Skin and soft tissue infections
- Infections of the heart valve
- Sexually-transmitted diseases
- West Nile virus
To help with your condition, the process is simple:
- See your primary care physician first about the infection.
- If it is a chronic infection, your doctor will refer you to our infectious disease specialist.
- You'll be scheduled for a 1-hour appointment to diagnose your infection and evaluate about your symptoms.
- We'll schedule a 30-minute follow-up appointment to address your condition and treatment options in greater detail.
Clinic hours: Every other Friday 8:00 am to 12:00 pm